Monday, July 16, 2007

RAIN

At the start of the year my 2 main goals were to finish a century and race in one time trial. Well, the time trial may come later in the season, but I am very pleased that I have been able to do a century ride (and more). For those of you not familiar with the event the RAIN ride is a ride across the state of Indiana (hence the acronym RAIN). I was blessed to be able to ride the RAIN with the help of 5 great teammates (some from the actual Neboridge team plus some other good guys). Without their encouragement and work it would have been a miserable slog. But, with the team (Dave Fouts our fearless leader, Sally Yuska, Jason Pope, Hans Kraabel, and Scott Yates) it was hard but fun - great fun in fact. 160 miles from Terre Haute to Richmond is indeed a long haul and there is a suprising amount of climbing (over 3,000 ft according to the Garmin GPS) but it is a great event and provides a great sense of accomplishment. I am still pumped!
Larry

No comments: